Who Can Use our Site
When your account is created, and you use the Site, information provided must be truthful. You agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete. Use of the Site by anyone under the age of 18 is prohibited.
License to Use Our Site
We reserve the right to cancel, interrupt, or reschedule any course or to modify any course content or the grading of any assignment, quiz, or other assessment. Courses offered are subject to the Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability sections that follow.
The Site enables you to share your content, such as feedback you provide, assignments you submit, posts you make in forums, and the like ("User Content"), with Altarum Institute, instructors, and/or other users. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the User Content you share - it is yours. You give us, third-party vendors, and third-party partners permission to use, display, host, share, and back up User Content. By submitting, you also permit us to identify you by your username and as the contributor of User Content.
We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms.
You may have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties. Altarum Institute cannot guarantee that such content, in the Site or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. Altarum Institute disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of such third-party content.
Modifying Our Site
We are constantly changing and improving our Site. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop a feature altogether. Altarum Institute may terminate your use of any feature for any reason. None of Altarum Institute, its instructors, its contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents (the "Altarum Institute Parties") shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Site at any time.
You acknowledge and agree that any access to or use of the Site is at your own risk. We make no warranty that our services will meet your requirements or be uninterrupted.
We are not responsible for the content, data, or actions of third parties, and you release us, our directors, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from us, through us, or from our services creates any warranty not expressly stated in these Terms.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of our services is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content or communication maintained by the service. We retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
Limitation of Liability
Altarum Institute will not be liable to you or to any other party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, regardless of whether we were advised of the possibility of such damage.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Site is managed by Altarum Institute, which is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. You agree that any dispute related to these Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in and serving Washtenaw County, Michigan as the legal forum for any such dispute.
We reserve the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes. In all cases, your continued use of the Site after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms. If it turns out that a particular provision of these Terms is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. If you do not comply with these Terms, and we do not take immediate action, this does not indicate that we relinquish any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
Acceptable Use Policy
Altarum Institute wants to make sure that all of our learners and instructors feel safe and comfortable while using our Site. When using our Site, think carefully about what personal information you share. We may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate access to all or part of the Site. You are prohibited from using our Site to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities.
Please keep in mind that learners who are as young as 18 use the LMS, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger learners.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence.
We do not allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harasses others.
We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights.
Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else's intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others.
Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
Please note that specific courses may have additional rules and requirements.
You also aren't allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user's account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Site, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse-engineer any portion of our Site.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Site to distribute malware.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Altarum Institute respects the intellectual property rights of our partner institutions, instructors, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Site. We reserve the right to suspend, disable, or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe in good faith that materials on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- Physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Altarum Institute to locate the material on the Site;
- Name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- Statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Site can be sent by any of the following methods:
Altarum Institute LMS Copyright Issues
c/o Altarum Institute
3520 Green Court, Suite 300
Ann Arbor, MI 48105 USA
Altarum Institute also respects the trademark rights of others. Accounts with any other content that misleads others or violates another's trademark may be updated, suspended, disabled, or terminated by Altarum Institute in its sole discretion. If you are concerned that someone may be using your trademark in an infringing way on our Site, please email us at email@example.com, and we will review your complaint. If we deem appropriate, we may remove the offending content, warn the individual who posted the content, and/or temporarily or permanently suspend or disable the individual's account.
All students participating in the course must agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- I will use only one account.
- My answers to quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments will be my own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration).
- I will not make solutions to quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments available to anyone else (except to the extent an assignment explicitly permits sharing solutions). This includes both solutions written by me as well as any solutions provided by the course staff or others.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.