Altarum Institute is a non-profit health systems research and consulting organization that provides systems-based health and healthcare improvement solutions for clients in public and private sectors and is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA.
Personal Information Defined
Personal Information can include information such as your name and email address, among other things. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personal Information you submit to the Site. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Site, the information you receive when using the Site, and our ability to contact you.
What Information We Collect
- Information you submit. When you are registered with our Site, information in your profile such as email address, name, job title, company/organization name, mailing address, a profile picture, and telephone number can be submitted.
- Information from your employer. Sometimes we are provided with information such as your email address, name, job title, company/organization name, mailing address, and telephone number.
- Information relating to use of the Site. When a user comes to our Site, we may track, collect, and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, when they were visited, actions that were completed on those pages, and any hyperlinks that were selected. Collecting such information may involve logging an IP address. We may be able to determine from an IP address a user's Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of their point of connectivity. We will also collect information provided in relation to courses taken on the Site such as assignments, grades, completion, feedback, quiz responses, and participation in forums. We will collect information regarding preferences and choices on the Site related to a user's customization of the Site.
- Third-party sites. Altarum Institute may link to other sites in order to gather personal information such as email address, name, job title, company/organization name, mailing address, and telephone number.
How We May Use Collected Information
We will/could use the personal information collected about you to:
- Communicate with you about policy updates, course changes, offerings, and to provide responses to your customer service emails.
- Create and manage your Site account.
- Pre-enroll you in our Site courses as per your employer's direction.
- Allow you to access the Site and keep you logged in as you use the Site, and to take you back to where you left off after you leave the Site or log off and return again.
- Enroll you in courses.
- Allow you to fully engage in the Site courses, track your attendance, progress, and your completion of those courses.
- Inform your employer of your progress and completion in courses.
- Inform instructors or course creators of your progress and completion to help them improve the course for future users.
- Maintain and host the Site. Our contractors and vendors may have limited access to your information in the course of providing services, technology, application development, hosting and maintenance of the Site.
- Provide information to government authorities or in response to legal processes as required by law.
- Report and present about the Site to Altarum Institute staff, board, and possible clients.
Note: data used in this instance will be anonymized.
How Information Is Shared
Your Personal Information Rights
You may access your personal information and confirm that it is correct and updated by logging into the Site and visiting your profile page. You may request deletion of your account by email at email@example.com. Keep in mind that when we delete your account, it may remain within our databases for a period of time in accordance with local law and/or certification programs. Some information will remain within our databases, access logs and other records.
The Site is not intended for use by children under age 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental consent. If you are under age 18, please do not attempt to create an account on this Site. We will take steps to delete all personal information collected from a child without verified parental consent upon learning of its the existence.
Personal Information Protection
We use industry standard safeguards to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, access, or misuse. We restrict access to your personal information about you to those who need to know the information to provide products or services to you. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure personal information. Keep in mind that because the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee the security of your information, and there is some risk that our systems will be breached and/or transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted.
The Site may utilize third-party services to enhance features and products on the Site. Any information you provide on third-party services is subject to the policies of those third-party services even if accessed through the Site.
Altarum Institute LMS
3520 Green Court, Suite 300
Ann Arbor, MI 48105 USA